Winton Motor Raceway (WMR) respects your privacy and is committed to the protection of your personal information. This Policy outlines the policy of WMR in managing personal information which it holds.
WMR is a propreitary Limited company and is bound by the Information Privacy Principles contained in the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic).
In summary, Personal Information is information relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual.
WMR is also bound by the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) (Spam Act) which regulates the sending of commercial electronic messages such as by email or SMS.
Why does WMR collect personal information?
WMR collects personal information in order to carry out its functions and exercise its to conduct its business in the manner set out by Shareholders.
About whom do we collect personal information?
The type of personal information WMR may collect and hold includes (but is not limited to) information about:
1. patrons and prospective patrons of WMR Events;
2. drivers, riders and other participants in on-track and off-track activities at WMR Events;
3. members and representatives of racing, car and motorcycle clubs who participate in WMR Events;
4. persons with whom WMR comes into contact in the course of conducting its business; and
5. employees, consultants and contractors and prospective employees, consultants and contractors.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
In general, the type of personal information WMR collects and holds includes (but is not limited to): names, addresses, contact details, occupations and other types of information (depending on how you deal with us) which assist us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
In most cases, if you do not provide personal information we request from you, we may not be able to provide information to you about WMR Events or supply relevant products or services.
How do we collect personal information?
WMR collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
• directly from you by phone, email, meetings, correspondence or from application forms you have submitted to us;
• from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
• from publicly available sources of information;
• from service-providers who manage the services we provide to you (for example, Seatadvisor); and
• from our own records.
Web Site Collection
WMR collects personal information from its web sites ( www.wintonraceway.com.au , www.performancecarmania.com.au) through subscription. These web sites will from time to time contain links to other web sites. WMR is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other web sites.
How might we use and disclose your personal information?
In general, we may use and disclose your personal information in order to:
1. operate and manage the WMR Events;
2. conduct our business, including for marketing and research purposes;
3. provide the services you require (including charging, billing and collecting debts);
4. enter you in our competitions and promotions;
5. inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
6. maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure (including testing and upgrading of these systems);
7. research and develop our services;
8. communicate with you;
9. prevent a threat to health or life;
10. investigate suspected unlawful activity; and
11. comply with our legal obligations.
We will generally explain how WMR will use or disclose your personal information at or around the time we collect such information from you.
When you provide WMR with your personal information, we will add your details to our mailing list for the purposes of direct marketing (either by post or email), so that we can send you information about WMR Events, our services and other items we think will be of interest to you. If you prefer that we not use your details in this way and you have received a form from us, please complete the relevant section on the form and return it us.
Otherwise, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or phoning us on 035766 4235. If you send WMR an email, you will be supplying your name and email address and those details will be used by WMR if a response is required to the email received from you.
To whom might we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses) and organisations that carry out our research activities;
• relevant authorities where:
1. there are grounds to believe that disclosure is required in order to prevent a threat to health or life;
2. WMR suspects that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and such personal information needs to be passed on to investigate the activity; or
3. the disclosure is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law; and
4. anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
Management of personal information
WMR takes reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. WMR staff are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals..Where we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify such information.
Depending on your reason for dealing with WMR (for example as a patron, supplier, consultant or employee) specific issues may arise with respect to the types of personal information we collect and our handling of that information as a result of those dealings. We will generally provide you with more details about why we collect particular personal information, who we tell and why we tell them when we ask you to provide us with your personal information.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
WMR endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you. Our contact details are set out below. You have the ability to seek access to some of your personal information. You may seek access to personal information which WMR holds about you by contacting WMR’s Privacy Officer.
We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access. We will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
WMR ensures that any commercial electronic messages it sends to people’s email accounts or to their mobile phones (for example, advertising a product or a service) comply with its obligations under the Spam Act. WMR obtains the consent (express or inferred) of intended recipients before it sends such messages, identifies itself as the sender, and includes instructions in all such messages so that a recipient is able to notify WMR if they do not wish to receive commercial messages or advertisements from WMR in the future.
In circumstances where WMR provides factual (and not commercial) electronic messages, or comes within any other exception to the requirements of the Spam Act, it will identify itself as the sender of the message and will provide its contact details.
Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. The most current version of this Policy can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer.
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues please contact WMR’s Privacy Officer:
Phone: (03) 5766 4235
Facsimile: (03) 5766 4249
Address: Winton Motor Raceway Privacy Officer
Winton Motor Raceway
PO Box 249
BENALLA VIC 3672